Pages

Followers

Monday, April 15, 2013

Green Days (a cento)

Image by Mary B. Mansfield


Melodramatic fool
Searching for that someone
At the end of another lost highway,
To live and not to breathe
As my memory rests.

Television dreams of tomorrow
Like graffiti on the walls 
Shuffle through my mind.
Pay attention to the cracked streets,
The drum pounding out of time,
Lost children with dirty faces…

I stand laughing on the corner of insignificance,
Speechless and redundant;
I once was lost but never was found...


Lines for this cento were found in the following Green Day songs: “Basket Case”,  “When I Come Around”,  “Jesus of Suburbia”, “Wake Me Up When September Ends”,  “American Idiot”, “Last of the American Girls”, “Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?”, “Welcome to Paradise”, “Holiday”, “Stuart and The Ave”, “Redundant”, “21st Century Breakdown”


Written for a prompt from Poetic Bloomings asking us to take inspiration from the color green.

No comments: