Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Never Alone

Monster by Francisco Farias Jr.

In this realm
Of unnatural darkness,
Caution is demanded.
I know I am not alone.
I hear footsteps,
Perhaps a spectral silhouette
Wandering
In search of retribution
For the sins of the past,
Unseen voices
Swirling around me
In guttural whispers,
The frigid breath
Of undetected demons
Chilling my bones.
I see eyes glowing
In the pitch black,
Always watching me,
A solitary soul
Caught in evil’s sight.


~~~ This poem was written for the Poetic Asides Poem a Day Chapbook Challenge Day 3 prompt of “Write a poem that scares you.”

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yes, it would be scary to have evil setting his eyes on you!

My contribution to days 1 - 4 of the PA challenge:

http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2012/11/four-short-poems-written-in-response-to.html




Framcisco Farias Jr said...

Obrigado por colocar uma imagem fotografada por mim.