Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Turning the Page



The pages of my life are filled
With revisions and false starts,
Abandoned plots that led to nowhere,
A supporting cast that has failed
To live up to its billing,
The occasional villain who sought
To defile, revile, desecrate, and violate me…

But as long as I have the strength
To pick up my pen each day,
I know that the next chapter still lies ahead,
Waiting for me to put my destiny into words.


~~~ This poem was inspired by a prompt from Poetic Bloomings, asking us to write about an accomplishment we are proud of (children and family not allowed.)  This is the second in a series meant to help us create a poetic memoir.

3 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

Ah life..we love and curse it. Keep picking up that pen to ink more brilliance.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I love the way you used your extended metaphor!

Susan said...

It takes personal power to keep that book open after several interrupted starts. And your narrator has that! Perhaps you/she can allow this poem to be a whole chapter, an entire uninterrupted chapter. How lovely! And many more happy returns of the day!