Pages

Followers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In Praise of Disorganization

An actual shelf in my house...pretty representative of the rest of them!


I thrive on the pandemonium
That reigns in my house:

Myriad stacks of paper
On every horizontal surface;
A filing system that makes sense
Only when twice translated
Into alien tongues;
Bookshelves filled by whim,
Arbitrary and capricious at best.
Structure and systematic organization stifle me,
Prison bars holding my inner artist hostage.

I draw inspiration from the randomness,
A vision with a slightly skewed perspective,
Creativity springing from chaos.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Well, in my humble opinion....whatever works! If creativity springs from chaos, go with the flow!

Mrsupole said...

I think that most of my house looks like your bookshelves. Not sure when it happened, it just seemed to one day be there. Hopefully it helps with my creativity.

I love your bookshelves.

Happy Theme Thursday, thanks for sharing a great poem.

God bless.

sheila said...

a file system that makes sense when twiced translated... that's funny :)

Kris McCracken said...

I recognise that filing system!

Anonymous said...

I recognize this type of organization ... I once thought I would help my dad (a physician) and clean his desk at the office because I perceived it as a total mess. LOL ... he couldn't find anything for days ... I didn't know -- he knew EXACTLY where everything was before I "organized" it for him. LOL
Everyone has a filing system that works for them. Organization Spirit

Christine said...

I am a crazy woman when people move my "piles of stuff" because I know exactly whats in it, and that pic looks like my night stand.

Irene said...

I feel truly blessed to be in such wonderful company. I was too embarrassed to participate. y whole home is like this. You are way cool.